Treat Problems as Projects
When a problem or task takes more than a few hours to complete or resolve—or involves several resources and steps, treating it as a project can:
- Yield significantly improved results
- Enhance your Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Ensure management visibility
For any situation that needs more than an informal plan, take advantage of Intelligent Service Management’s Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)-verified project management solution.
Get Everything You Need for Configuration
This project management tool can seamlessly configure with the deliverables, tasks, resources, and a timeline to hit your goals, commitments, or SLAs.
Now, there’s no need to use an external tool, and extract or populate your IT data into it. That’s because this project management tool is part of your operations, data, tickets, configuration items, and other project task data—enabling you to form a project plan.
Complete Integration into the Functions of Service
Intelligent Service Management helps you tie service management process with project plans, and vice versa.
For example, if you have a complex change request, a project plan may be a beneficial way to manage it. By creating a project and selecting the configuration items involved, you’ve seamlessly integrated a plan with your operational data.
When resources must be coordinated, a defined plan with organizational visibility and solid oversight are critical. With this tool, you just plan out your project and it will be kept in sync as changes to operational data occur. This results in:
- Improved achievement of commitments and SLA compliance, due to the visibility and management provided by a project plan
- Improved cost tracking from detailed resource tracking
- More accurate budgeting and scheduling on future projects using historical project analysis