Discover, Track, and Audit Your IT Assets
Through continuous discovery and management of assets, you can provide better support, change control, audits, and inventory visibility.
Intelligent Service Management helps you stay on top of all aspects of the IT assets in your organization. These include servers, laptops, desktops, virtual machines, operating systems, application software, and other assets deployed on your network.
Continuously Updated Inventory
When a user needs support, Intelligent Service Management asset discovery has already determined what devices and software are running in which stack. This enables faster identification, more informed handling, and rapid resolution of issues and support requests.
This asset management also enables informed and predictable change management, as the items impacted are well known. Asset discovery provides a continuously updated hardware and software inventory, ensuring an up-to-date view of assets and assignments. This way, purchasing can be more exactly managed, reducing the amount of unnecessary and idle hardware, software, and support agreements.
Intelligent Service Management’s integrated Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) solution can leverage asset management in combination with tickets, change management, service management, and automation. This ensures that all activities consider which assets are involved.
For example, when a user creates a ticket, handling may be based on the assets assigned to that user. Awareness of the assets as they relate to users, functions, and services:
- Reduces data entry
- Enables more accurate handing of requests and resolution of problems
- Dramatically increases the amount of automation that can be implemented
Intelligent Service Management’s ability to continuously discover and manage assets improves IT’s ability to:
- Control inventory
- Assess the impact of changes
- Resolve problems and requests faster and more cost-effectively
This unified data model provides a holistic view essential to managing large and complex IT environments, and gives you the benefits of:
- Reducing cost of hardware, software, and support, by accurately tracking assets
- Reducing Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), by improving automation levels through asset mapping to users and services
- Improving Mean Time to Resolution (MTTR) via an accurate view of the affected or suspect assets